Saturday, August 20, 2011

My New Life

It's been so long since I've updated this blog.

In short, Africa changed my life. I went through an personal odyssey unlike anything else and I came up on top. I wrote my thesis, worked my ass off and made some of the greatest friends that life has to offer. The views, scenery and overall quality of the program was unreal, even though I wasn't convinced at the time, I look back on it with great nostalgia.

I was offered a full time academic internship with National Geographic's Traveler Magazine. Instead of going to school, I will still be considered a full time student, but get to go and do what I love every day. Many people who are reading this right now may be thinking, "Wow, he's so lucky." My father told me when I was in eighth grade that the harder you work the luckier the luckier you get, and that is true. I didn't go to Europe and drink for four months, I went and studied. I worked day in and day out for eight months. I made no money, didn't date, barely drank and had a very quiet 8 months of my life. It was miserable at times and put myself into tears of stress, but on Thursday, the only tears I had were of joy. It goes to show that if you put your mind to it, you can do anything. I believe that every person out there in this world has the capability to do it, the only question is, are they disciplined enough to make their dream a reality?

I have made mine come true, and for that I can only smile. I want the same for the rest of the world. My job is anything but complete, but I am on my way. There is hard work left to do and I am ready to do it. Follow your dreams, discipline yourself and your dreams will come true. I will be the first to attest to that statement.

Many more updates to come. Cannot wait to write more.

Do your work and the dreams will follow,
Elliot

No comments:

Post a Comment